- Tag Archives natural products
If you are ready to make a commitment to your health, you have come to the right place. The issues I had from autoimmune were extremely difficult to handle. These issues included spawning new invisible diseases until I was UNABLE to move. That’s right. I could hardly move. My hips had gone out, and I was in the worst pain I had ever felt in my entire life. My skin was on fire from fibromyalgia and I could not sleep at all. It was a horrible way to try to live. Around that time I found research indicating that phytotherapy, or plant based supplements, could in fact help me balance my gut health.I believed that I had discovered the “root” of my health problems after many long years of research. I did not give up, and I made a plan. Let me assure you, there is NO such thing as a quick fix when you are dealing with intestinal issues that come from autoimmune diseases such as Hashimoto’s. It needed to be a lifestyle change for me, and the need to get well had to outweigh the temptation of bad food. So I made a hard decision, but it was the absolute best decision I could have made. I was getting well no matter what it took!! Are you there yet? Have you come to the point that you are ready to commit to your wellness? If the answer is YES, then I have some options for you.Option 1, free 20 minute Skype with me to see where you are with your health. Read more about that here <<< it is my work with me tab, but includes a sign up option.Option 2, Vitalize You Wellness Profile Service << Skip down to that and read about it, but the basics are that you really want to learn more about your condition. You need some help connecting the dots and making your own personalized plan. The plan will be a comprehensive ACTION plan on which to follow and you will have steps to take in which to feel better.Option 3, 4 Weeks to Wellness Online Coaching course. I created this program specifically for my long-distance clients who needed more! They needed step by step action steps that would really help them no matter where they were in their health and wellness journey. This course is truly about finding out who you are. We cover how to add movement into your life, why sugar might be sabotaging your health, how to create a healthy routine in your life, what journaling can do for you, and what self-care really means…plus so much more!! You even get the bonus option and everything I add from the day you buy for life, is yours! That means, if the price goes up because I add more material, you still get access for life without paying any more!Option 4, is my personal Journal Coaching and this is on an as-needed basis based off the topics described on my page. I can even present a workshop to your team.Option 5, all-natural product support for your wellness journey. See the shop tab!
Hi friends! I am so happy you are here, and researching ways to make your life easier and your health and wellness better. I want to start off by telling you that I have literally been researching for over 17 years. If you do not know me or my story, you can read more on my personal development blog called The Burned Hand. <<< that is linked. I started the blog as a way to handle all the thoughts that came with living with 7, yes SEVEN, invisible diseases. My emotions were bad and my moods were a swinging, but at the time I had NO idea that it related to MY GUT health!! Please read this in case you think I am crazy called New Year New Brain. <<< linked
I want to give you all the tools to help yourself based off my extensive research which literally took me years to compile all while using my body as the test ground. I literally had NOTHING to lose. So I tested every theory, every new lead, out on my body. The first lead that really and truly helped me was my break-up with sugar and gluten. <<< linked
I have met many people who thought that I had some sort of willpower of STEEL. What I learned specifically is how much we do not know about the food we are putting into our bodies. I took out everything processed and learned how to live all while trying to regress my symptoms back to finding my first symptom.
I want to show you what I did though…and the rest is outlined on the 4 Weeks to Wellness program. <<< more info there
- Your pantry. Get in there and look at things. Is there anything you could throw out that has ingredients you don’t even know how to pronounce let alone know what they could be triggering in your body? If the answer is yes, please throw some things away. especially if any form of sugar is a first ingredient, which again, I talk about in my program.
- I started researching gut flora. I am not going to lie, probiotics are a tricky little thing to get right and so is pH balance. That’s why I knew I had to find JUST the right balance. The system that was created by my company helped me tremendously because it included greens. The greens are available in several countries, so you just have to use the drop down to find your country and see if they are shipped there. Canada, USA, and Australia have them, but we do ship to other countries as well, so on this link here, use the drop down to find your country if you want to read more.
- I flushed my body using a process of the greens, the wraps, as well as something called dry brushing which can be found on my tip board for clients here. << linked.
- I never ever gave up. Not even when my research lead me to inconclusive results and thoughts of why am I doing this? Wait, i know the answer. Because doctors gave up on me and I refuse to accept the alternative of prescriptions for life that could potentially damage my organs. Yup. That meant I said no to any and all drugs for fibromylagia. You got it. I went rogue!!!
- I knew that I needed to fight inflammation so I researched turmeric. If you don’t know about the benefits, please read more on my healthy liquids board here.
Again, I have done tons of research for you and looked up countless article and recipes. I have included the links in my 4 Weeks to Wellness course as well as reading material for you that I created based off my research. I created workbooks, journaling ideas and more! If you have any questions, don’t forget you can PM our FB page here: Vitalize You Wellness <<< linked.
Originally published on theburnedhand.com.
Oh great. Here is yet another blog article trying to tell me how to live with pain. What does this writer know? This writer lives with 6 invisible diseases…and all of them have caused pain. Hereditary Hemochromatosis (iron overload), Porphyria Cutanea Tarda (sensitivity to light, skin blisters), Hashimoto’s Thyroid (autoimmune…caused extreme stomach issues), Epstein-Barr Virus (felt entire vertebral column flare-up), Depression from pain, and Fribromyalgia (when anyone touched my skin, it felt like a slap).
Over the last three years, the pain continued to get worse. I opted not to be on the pharmaceutical drugs due to the fact that HH is a genetic condition and no doctor could tell me for sure if the drugs would make my liver worse. So pain it was. But I wasn’t going to stop there. I continued my search for things to help me cope that were going to work with my body naturally. What did I find?
6 Tips for Living with Pain (This is a linked article):
- Turmeric milk. Turmeric has been used in India for thousands of years for its anti-inflammatory properties…due to the active compound curcumin.
- Relief. Building on that, I take this product because it has ingredients such as glucosamine and chondroitin, but even more than that it also includes turmeric root extract, as well as yucca root, which has long been used for osteoarthritis as well as inflammation of the intestine. Ah-ha. Hmm. Remember my stomach pain before? Better within weeks of getting on this.
- Restorative yoga. Yoga has been shown to decrease the stress hormone cortisol. Do you think I might have been stressed when I moved if my whole body felt like it was on fire? Yes. Just a little. The difference in restorative though, is that you get to use comfy bolsters, blocks and blankets. So we made little nests, and sat in that pose for 5-15 minutes depending on what it was. I had a hard time at first, but learned to let go of my expectations of what my body used to be able to do. The poses became second nature.
- Vinyasa yoga for back pain. I graduated to Vinyasa…honestly, only because a friend pulled me in the direction my mind was afraid to go. When she suggested restorative, I gave it a try. When she said that I could do Vinyasa and possibly teach one day, my mind shut her down due to the pain. “She has no idea how much moving hurts.” Said the mind…but the heart wanted to get better. Thankfully, it’s pretty strong, and said “Let’s do this thing!!!” And so I did. Almost 200 hours later…the girl on fire. Literally.
- Meditation-like thoughts. When I felt myself go into the dark place of pain, I would literally stop and say things to myself like “I am breathing in. I am breathing out.” I didn’t come up with this on my own. I read part of a Thich Nhat Hanh’s You are Here, except at the time, I didn’t want to be there. ha. So I never finished it. But it did teach me to focus my breathing.
- Friends checking in on you. This part became difficult. Not many people were in this category. When you are in pain, people slip away. They do. It’s not their fault, but it is in the human nature to be uncomfortable when you don’t know what to do. Most don’t climb down in the hole with you. Watch this short video to get the full meaning of “The Power of Empathy”. Rarely can a response make something better, says Dr. Brown, what makes something better is a connection.
So my friends, I leave you with my connection to you. I am in the hole with you. I have climbed down there. I will hug you. I will give you that love and connection to your pain, but the next step is on you. The best advice I have for you is to read more about my 4 Weeks to Wellness course and take that as your next step. The program was created based off what I did to get my life back, and it truly and honestly saved me.
Do you ever worry about losing your memory? What about your eyesight? Or perhaps you don’t think about strengthening your bones and hips? Well, these are a few areas that you could actually improve in your life staring today, with just the right foods! You can even improve your metabolism.
5 Amazing Foods to Add Today!
- Blueberries: Berries contain anthocyanin, an antioxidant pigment that increases your ability to remember things. One three-month research study showed improved learning recall in older adults who drank blueberry juice!! Blueberries are one of the richest sources of proanthocyanidins. These phytonutrients decrease free radical levels that are linked to aging! I don’t know about you, but Greens Chews are sounding pretty good to me right now. Did you know…eating blueberries helps protect the retina from unwanted sunlight and oxygen damage?
- Chili peppers: Chili peppers contain capsaicin, a chemical compound that can kick metabolism into higher gear. Chili peppers are also an unexpected source of vitamin C. Not wanting to really add that to your food? Have no fear! ThermoFit is here. Promotes calorie burning by harnessing the power of Capsimax® (red hot pepper blend).
- Green Tea: The brew contains a plant compound called EGCG, which promotes fat-burning, research suggests. Green tea leaf extract can actually be found in our greens, along with 38 herbs and nutrient-rich superfoods, and cutting-edge probiotic support for digestive health.
Dark Leafy Greens: Keep your diet interesting with a variety of dark, leafy greens to choose from – Spinach, Kale, Swiss Chard, Mustard Greens and Bok Choy to name a few. One cup of Collard Greens provides 256mg of calcium. But just in case you find it hard to get everything you need in daily, we have the solution for you in It’s Vital Minerals. Powered by sea-algae derived Aquamin® premium mineral blend, It’s Vital Minerals helps your body maximize calcium absorption through a superior combination of 250% of the RDA of Vitamin D and Vitamins K1 and K2 (MK-7), ensuring calcium stays in your bones and boosting support for your cardiovascular health.
- Fatty Fish: The Standard American Diet is sorely deficient in omega-3 fatty acids, such as docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentanoic acid (EPA), and high in trans fats and saturated fats which have been shown to negatively affect the brain. Since our brains are made up largely of fat and our bodies cannot manufacture essential fatty acids, we have to rely on a diet rich in omega-3s to meet our daily needs. Try eating salmon and if that doesn’t work out for you, add some flaxseed to your smoothies! Not keen on that? You know what, I might have another idea. Boost heart health, fight minor inflammation, keep those joints moving, and reclaim that youthful glow with the triple strength blend of DHA and EPA fatty acids of It’s Vital Omega-3. Along with superior strength, fish oil-derived fatty acids, It’s Vital Omega-3 also adds a purifying rosemary-based antioxidant blend to fight the effects of free radicals—all in an easy-to-swallow softgel with a hint of lemon flavor.
Four essential oils and one carrier oil are the latest products from the health and wellness gurus at It Works! Global.
Essential oils are concentrated oils containing the “essence” of a plant’s fragrance. They are typically used in aromatherapy via diffusion into the air or topically as perfumes or during a massage. When applied topically, the essential oils are normally diluted by a carrier oil that doesn’t alter their scent, but cuts the strength of the oil to prevent irritation.
The Essential Oils pack contains one of each of the following:
Boom – An invigorating, energizing blend of spearmint, grapefruit, lemon, orange, tangerine, and mandarin.
Defend – An immunity bolstering blend of rosemary, lemon, cinnamon and clove.
Clear – A blend of two eucalyptus oils, peppermint, myrtle, elemi, and cypress to help you focus.
Is it a coincidence that It Works! launched their new line of essential oils just in time for holiday shopping? Probably not. Along with their normal holiday bundles, they also have a Holiday Gift Set of essential oils which includes the four essential oils, a diffuser, and a gift bag. [View the product flyer]
Before we get to the official description, I’ll mention that the formulation of Greens on the Go is the same as that of the Greens. One serving of the Greens is simply prepackaged onto little portable sleeves to make it easy to take them with you…to work, to restaurants, on trips, etc. So, when I refer to the the formulation and benefits of the Greens, it also applies to Greens on the Go.
The official It Works! description
So what does that mean and does it work? Well we’ll leave the does it work for testimonials, some personal ones below, and some others on this site as we get them. As far as what it does, well, in a nutshell, it’s a great product for overall health. Our bodies function better and fight off disease and infection better when they aren’t acidic, which is where the pH-balancing comes in. The antioxidants in the 8+ servings of 38 herbs, fruits, and vegetables aid in making us healthy.
- Detoxify, energize, and promote pH balance* within the body
- Acidity-fighting magnesium and potassium blend
- Cutting-edge probiotic** support for digestive health
- 38 herbs and nutrient-rich superfoods
- 8+ servings of fruits and vegetables in every serving
- Free radical-fighting antioxidants***
Personal Experience with GreensThe following is based on my family’s use of the Greens. It is not the official word from It Works!. It is just my opinion and observation of results that we have experienced.My older daughter has mild to moderate seasonal allergies. She has been taking OTC allergy meds for a number of years from spring through fall. Of course, those meds don’t completely eliminate the sniffling, sneezing, and watery, red eyes, but when she is also taking the Greens daily, these symptoms are lessened to nearly gone.My wife used to get ill multiple times a year, mostly colds. Since she’s been taking the greens almost daily, she hasn’t been ill…in over a year. Any time she feels like something is trying to get her, she takes an extra dose and by the next day, she’s fine. She also gets the energy boost that the official description mentions.Our younger daughter also takes the Greens at the onset of a cold (which isn’t as infrequent as we’d like, but she is in middle school) and is usually able to shake it overnight.How do we use the Greens? I occasionally dump a scoop or so into a meal I’m cooking for that boost of “green stuff” that most of us don’t get enough of daily. We make Greens smoothies. I mix the Greens with ProFit (another It Works! product) for a tasty post-workout drink. We all also frequently mix a scoop or two into our water bottles that we take along when exercising…it provides a little flavor and helps with fighting the free radicals released during oxidation associated with exercise.
Best Used DailyBoiled down, this is really 38 herbs, fruits, and vegetables turned into powder so it can be easily mixed into liquids and it’s one product we always have on hand and use pretty much daily because who really gets their daily recommended dosage of vitamins and minerals by eating actual fruits and veggies?
pH-balance in the body plays a role in reducing the instance and seriousness of illness.
probiotics** help food move through your gut by balancing the amounts of good and bad bacteria which has numerous benefits for gastrointestinal health among other things.
antioxidants*** help prevent cell damage and destruction that occurs when oxidation in cells produces free radicals.